Summer is still very much with us here in Middle Tennessee and most of the country so I have a little end of summer salad to help cool you down before Fall hits town! And, I can’t wait for Fall!!!
I was also recently asked to do a video, see below, on this very salad for “The Williamson Source” website so I thought I would make good use of it and repost it here on my blog. Loved working with Miss. Donna and David the cameraman!
Print out the recipe below and y’all enjoy and let me know what kind of raw salads you’re making these days…without lettuce!
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half and sliced into very thin half moons
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut in half and sliced into very thin half moons
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into quarters, seeded and sliced thin
- 1⁄2 medium Vidalia onion, cut in half to the root end, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup mixed, chopped herbs such as, basil, chives and flat leave parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt and more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Put the tomato, zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion and herbs in a mixing bowl. Add in the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix together well. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Check to see if it needs to be seasoned some more before serving.