Red cabbage is one of those veggies that most people never even think about cooking. Well, you don’t know what your missing because it looks good, it tastes good and is so very good for you with a fair number of antioxidants including more vitamin C than oranges, who knew?
This recipe is sure to please adult and child alike so please just give it a try and see for yourself! Watch the video down below, print off the recipe and get in that kitchen!
And, do you have a way of making red cabbage that you’d like to share with all of us?
- 1 medium head red cabbage (about 2lbs.) - washed, quartered & sliced into ½" slices
- 2 tablespoons butter or whatever fat you like
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt and more to taste at end of cooking
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Using a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat & add the sliced cabbage
- Add salt & pepper and stir well, put lid on and cook 15-20 minutes stirring every 3-4 minutes
- Add balsamic vinegar, stir well to coat all the sliced cabbage, put lid back on and cook for another 5 minutes
- Finally remove the lid, stir and cook another 5 minutes so the balsamic vinegar can evaporate
- Don't forget to season with more salt and pepper if needed