Sweet treat time…because we all need a little sweetness in life!
Enjoy this video on how to make my “Coconutty, Chocolatey Date Balls” and let me know what your fave real-food sweet treat is? And you can see the full recipe down below the video screen! Enjoy!
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut (unsweetened*) Use half in the recipe and half to coat the balls
- 1 cup whole toasted almonds
- 12 large dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. On a baking pan spread the unsweetened coconut evenly and bake on the middle rack for about 10-12 minutes until toasty brown. Stir it around on the pan every 2-3 minutes…watch closely. Set off to the side and let cool.
- In a food processor using the “S” blade add toasted almonds, pitted dates, ½ cup toasted coconut, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, honey, melted coconut oil and sea salt. And, a dash of bourbon for fun for the grown-ups, if you like! Pulse until all the ingredients are mixed together well.
- Using a tablespoon scoop or regular spoon, scoop out dough and roll into a ball and then roll each ball in the other ½ cup of the toasted coconut until each ball is coated well. Place on a pan/plate and refrigerate.
- *Unfortunately unsweetened shredded coconut isn’t sold in regular grocers so you will need to go to a health food store where you can buy it in bulk or packaged. Or you can order it online at many sites.