That tangy sweetness of fresh cranberry sauce with a gamey bird and savory dressing for thanksgiving is such a glorious combo to me…oh, with gravy, of course! I mean it just makes my palette sing!
Making fresh cranberry sauce is SO simple. I want to encourage y’all to make some this holiday season. I’m going to throw this mixture into some muffins, use it as a jam and spread it on a leftover turkey or ham sandwich for my man.
Here’s what you do:
- wash six cups fresh cranberries
- one organic naval orange, washed well
- peel off 4 one inch strips of orange zest
- squeeze the juice of that orange into the pan of cranberries
- add 2/3 cup of honey and more to taste at the end of cooking
- pinch of sea salt
- use a stainless steel pot and bring all ingredients to a boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes
- turn off the heat, let cool a bit, taste and add more honey if need be.
I want to wish you all a most blessed Thanksgiving and I pray that you will just go on and on about all that you’re grateful for…wonderful for your spirit and your digestion!!!