The first thing I do when blueberries really come into season is eat them by the handful and then I make my Blueberry Crisp…loaded with goodness!
This recipe is wheat-free and would be dairy-free if you just wanted to change the butter to coconut oil in the recipe. But, most importantly it’s just yummy and comforting on a hot summer day…with some real whipped cream, of course!
What’s your fave version of a fruit crisp?
- Fruit Filling:
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 2-4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 good pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of butter or coconut oil to grease the baking dish
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raw pecan halves
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup grated/unsweetened coconut
- ¼ teaspoon and a pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil plus extra to grease pan
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup (more if you like it really sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8” x 8” glass or ceramic baking dish.
- For the fruit mixture: in a bowl mix together blueberries, honey, cinnamon, salt, lemon juice and pour into greased baking pan, set aside.
- For the topping: in a food processor add oats, pecans, almonds, coconut, sea salt, cinnamon, butter, coconut oil, honey and pulse for 15-20 times until mixture just starts to come together. Distribute evenly over the blueberry mixture and press it down a bit. Bake for about 35 minutes, let cool for 15 minutes before serving.